This has been a long pending post. This is just a summary of what it takes to register a company In India. I thought this post might help you get a rough idea. This whole process will take close to 20-45 days months.
- Get Director Identification Number (DIN) online
- Get a Digital Signature Certificate
- Reserve the company name with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) – You are requested to submit four names and based on availability you are allotted one of them
- Pay stamp duties, file all incorporation forms and documents – Thereby you obtain the certificate of incorporation
- Obtain Certificate to Commence Operation
- Obtain a Permanent Account Number (PAN) from National Securities Depository Services Limited (NSDL)
- Register with Employees’ Provident Fund Organization if your employee strength is more than 15
- Register for professional tax
If you are selling product then you might have to go for VAT registration.